Trulia is a website that allows you to search for homes to rent or buy. You can also look for a mortgage on their website or app. Trulia is a member of the Zillow Group company.
Personal data collected
Trulia collects personal information from you, such as name, contact information, social security number, payment information, details about your home or properties you are interested in, and financial information. They collect this information when you register with their services, claim a home, share or save a property, speak with a real estate agent or broker, mortgage lender or loan officer, property manager, investor, home builder, or other real estate professionals, complete forms and transactions, and request loan information or background check and rental housing application.
You can also share your mobile device information or language your device uses which can be adjusted by using your mobile device’s privacy and security settings. Trulia may also collect your location of the device you are using to provide you with relevant and interest based advertising. They collect information about the use of their services, such as type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, IP address, referring URLs, computer or mobile device information, hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
Any calls made between you and Trulia may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and training purposes. They use a third-party service to track phone calls and texts between you and real estate professionals. This information may include date and time of the call or text message, mobile number, and the contents of the text message. If you leave a review or contribute to discussion forums, they collect that information as well. When you use the social networking connection functions related to Trulia, they may access all publicly available information in your profile.
Personal data usage
Trulia uses data to:
- Improve their services.
- See what information is more interesting to you.
- Track trends.
- Measure the effectiveness of their advertising.
- Store information that you would like access to on a regular basis, such as certain homes you like.
- Provide and deliver their services to you.
- Process transactions and send related information, such as confirmations and invoices.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to your comments, questions, requests, and provide customer service.
- Provide news and information that may interest you.
- Send you information about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events from Zillow Group and others.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities with their services.
- Develop new services and give support for their current ones.
- Prevent fraud and illegal activities.
- Personalize their services and show you advertising, content, and features that may be of interest to you.
- Organize contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards.
- Send you email communications.
Cookies and similar tech
Trulia does not collect information from children under 13 years old.
Data shared with Trulia
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy with Trulia by:
- Disabling location services on your device.
- Disabling cookies in your browser.
- Opting out of interest based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance, Omniture, or Privacy Choice.
- Call Trulia at 1-888-466-3501 or email them to cancel your account.
How to contact Trulia about your privacy
You can contact Trulia via email or postal mail at:
Zillow Group, Inc.
Attn: Consumer Care
1301 Second Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101