More than 19,000 students from around the world are pursuing their academic goals at the University of Miami, a vibrant and diverse community focused on teaching and learning, the discovery of new knowledge, and service to the South Florida region and beyond.
Personal data collected
The University of Miami collects personal data from users in various situations, including interactions with their website and applications. They automatically gather information such as internet domain, IP address, operating system, and browser details. The collection includes the date and time of website access, pages visited, and device information. Additionally, the university tracks the number of clicks on advertisements or links, repeat visits, transaction details, and referral websites if a user visits a page with an advertisement before using their website.
Personal data usage
- Enhancing User Experience: Utilizing data to improve website functionality and user interaction.
- Communication and Marketing: Using personal information from forms to communicate with users and promote university offerings.
- Analytical Purposes: Analyzing IP addresses and other technical data for improving web performance and resolving server issues.
- Security and Confidentiality: Maintaining the confidentiality of collected data, which is used internally and not sold or distributed to external parties.
- Advertising and Targeted Marketing: Employing personal data for remarketing and targeted advertising activities.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Cookies and Similar Technologies: They utilize cookies, web beacons, pixels, mobile identifiers, and tracking URLs to obtain log data.
- Purpose: These technologies are used for accessing and facilitating the University Website, understanding user navigation, improving the website, marketing relevant content, analyzing performance, enforcing legal agreements, fraud detection, and for analytics, research, and regulatory compliance.
- Third-Party Involvement: Business partners may place these technologies for analytics, marketing, fraud detection, and information collection purposes.
- Consent and Choices: The University informs users of their rights and choices regarding cookie usage, including opting out and configuring browser settings to reflect cookie preferences.
For more detailed information, visit the University of Miami’s Cookie Notice.
University of Miami User Accounts
Based on the University of Miami’s website, an account with them may offer the following functionalities:
- Account Management: Manage your personal profile, update contact information, and adjust privacy settings.
- Access to Services: Access university services, resources, and information tailored to your role (student, faculty, staff, or alumni).
- Communication Tools: Send and receive messages, and stay informed about university news and events.
- Educational Resources: Access academic materials, libraries, and other learning resources.
For specific account features and privacy controls, it’s best to refer directly to the University of Miami’s resources or contact their support services.
Data Shared with University of Miami
Data Breach Incident Overview.
Please note that by clicking the ‘Email Now – Demand More’ button, you will be drafting an email to University of Miami. The pre-filled email content is a suggestion to advocate for personal information removal services provided by Wiperts.com as a response to the recent data breach. You have the option to edit the text of the email before sending it to ensure it aligns with your personal views and circumstances.
How to Protect Your Privacy at University of Miami
When engaging with the University of Miami’s online services, you can take several steps to protect your privacy:
- Carefully review and adjust the privacy settings in your online account.
- Avoid sharing sensitive personal information unless necessary.
- Use a browser in incognito mode to prevent the university’s website from saving your browsing information.
- Regularly clear your browser’s cookies and history.
- Be cautious about the personal information you share on university forums or social media platforms.
- If you no longer need your university online account, consider requesting its deletion.
- Use strong, unique passwords for your university accounts and change them regularly.”
How to Contact University of Miami About Your Privacy
For privacy-related inquiries at the University of Miami, you can use the following contact methods:
- Via Email: For any privacy concerns or questions, you can email the relevant department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Postal Address: You can also mail your privacy-related inquiries to:Office of Privacy and Data Security University of Miami P.O. Box 248087 Coral Gables, FL 33124-8087 USA
These contact options offer direct channels for addressing privacy questions or concerns related to the University of Miami’s data handling and privacy practices.
By clicking the ‘Remove My Information’ button above, you consent to sending an email to the site’s support team requesting the removal of your personal information from their database. You are encouraged to review and customize the email text to ensure it accurately reflects your request. A confirmation of the action taken in response to your email will be requested.