Personal data collected
Samsung collects personal information from you when you use their services, such as name, date of birth, and email address when you set up an account or profile on their website. When you make purchases, they collect your name, contact information, postal address, billing address, and payment information. Information they collect through software or your device includes hardware model, IMEI number, unique device identifiers, MAC address, IP address, operating system, device settings, searches you completed, how long you used their services, information logged with cookies, GPS information, WiFi access points and cell towers, voice information, apps you use, websites you visit, and how you interact with their services.
Personal data usage
Samsung uses data to:
- Provide the services requested.
- Improve your experience with them.
- Provide customization of their services.
- Show you targeted advertisements.
- Process orders.
- Send you communications.
- Allow you to communicate with other people.
- Register you or your device for a service.
- Provide a feature you request.
- Provide personalization of their services and customized content.
- Deliver advertisements.
- Analyze and research how you use their services.
- Improve their services.
- Develop new products and services.
- Provide maintenance for your device.
- Offer competitions and promotions.
- Prevent fraud and illegal activities.
- Remember you on their website.
- Keep you logged in.
Cookies and similar tech
They do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old. If a child has provided Samsung with this information, contact support and it will be deleted.
Data shared with Samsung
How to protect your privacy
There are a few ways to protect your privacy via Samsung’s website, for example:
- Disable or delete information stored in flash cookies.
- Disable cookies in your browser.
- Delete your account by going to your Samsung Account Page, login, then click profile, enter password, click delete account, enter password again, go through the precaution information and click confirm, then click confirm again and your account will be deleted.
How to contact Samsung about your privacy
You can contact Samsung via their website’s Contact Us section, email or by postal mail at:
Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
85 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660