Evite is a website that allows you to create digital invitations for any occasion, send invitations via email, link or text, and track RSVPs, send messages, and manage all of this in one place.
Personal data collected
Evite collects various personal information from you, such as name, postal address, email address, images, mobile number, payment information, billing address, information about your interests and activities, gender, zip code, location information, country, and any other demographic information you provide to them. If you link your Evite account to your Facebook or other social media accounts, Evite will collect your social media information, including what is publicly available. They may also collect information from third-parties about you, such as updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and other additional demographic information.
The information that Evite collects automatically includes IP address, browser type and language, access times, referring URLs, and the content of any undeleted cookies still stored in your computer’s browser. They also collect information from your mobile device, such as GPS, location information, advertising identifiers, and any other third-party information. Using cookies, Evite may collect the following information: online activity through their services, web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you make on their website.
Personal data usage
Evite uses data to:
- Deliver targeted advertisements.
- Deliver invitations and other products or services you have requested.
- Share information about you to your guests that you have invited.
- Manage your account.
- Provide customer support.
- Perform research and analysis on how you use their website, services, and products.
- Communicate with you via email, phone, postal address, and other mobile devices about products and services that you may be interested in, from Evite or other third-parties.
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes from contests or sweepstakes.
- Prevent fraud and illegal activities.
- Manage their business.
- Allow you to create an Evite account via Facebook, or link your Facebook account to your already created Evite account.
- Allow you to login via Facebook on Evite’s website.
- Process payments.
Cookies and similar tech
Evite collects data from cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies to allow you access to their services and to personalize your online experience. If you decide to disable cookies, you may have trouble signing in and may be unable to use the interactive features offered.
With an Evite account, you can personalize and send invitations online or through text to your friends and family. You can also keep track of people that have RSVP’ed. Evite does not support the use of their website by anyone under the age of 13 and will delete their information if they sign up.
Data shared with Evite
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy on Evite in various ways, such as:
- Disable cookies.
- Opt out of Google Analytics.
- Opt out of Double Click.
- Opt out of targeted advertising.
- Opt out of cross device advertising on your computer.
- Opt out on your mobile device.
- Delete your Evite account.
How to contact Evite about your privacy
You can contact Evite through their phone number at 1-213-699-5005, email, or postal mail at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
600 Wilshire Blvd. 4th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017