eHow allows you to search for Do It Yourself projects on their website. When you sign up with your email address, you will receive tips and tricks to DIY projects from food to crafts.
Personal data collected
With an eHow account, you share some personal information with them, for example your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, interests, username, password, information about any transactions you may make, customer support or technical information if you contact support, and any information shared for promotions or surveys. They automatically collect some personal information from you, such as browser type, operating system, mobile phone information, IP address, language preferences, device settings, type of device you are using, how you use their services, location data, GPS, Wi-Fi information, web logs, communication data, traffic data, and requested and referring URLs.
Personal data usage
eHow uses data to:
- Provide their services to you.
- Improve their services.
- Provide support for their services.
- Send you communications.
- Provide advertisements tailored to your location and interests.
- Send you offers or promotions.
- Analyze how you use their services.
- Allow you to make payments and purchases through their website for their services.
- Allow you to make third-party payments.
- Allow you to enter sweepstakes and contests, and to participate in promotions.
Cookies and similar tech
eHow collects information from you through cookies and similar technologies. This gives them access to your computer and internet information, such as browser type, IP address, Wi-Fi information, and more. They can then provide their services to you by tailoring them to your interests.
eHow is not recommended for children under 16 years old. They suggest contacting them if a child has accidentally signed up for their services. They do not respond to Do Not Track settings in your browser.
Data shared with eHow
How to protect your privacy
There are various ways to protect yourself on eHow’s website, such as:
- Delete your account.
- Do not sign up for an account.
- Do not share your email address.
- Do not visit their website.
- Do not access their website via your mobile phone.
- Do not allow cookies in your browser.
How to contact eHow about your privacy
Contact them via email or through postal mail:
Leaf Group Ltd.
Attn: Legal Department
1655 26th St.
Santa Monica, CA 90404