Capital One is a company that offers credit cards, banking, loans, and more financial options.
Personal data collected
Capital One collects various personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, mobile number, social security number, and other identifiable information from you. Information that is collected automatically includes your IP address, browser type, language, display or screen settings, data about how you use their website, how you interact with their advertisements and website, data about your mobile device, advertising identifiers, GPS, location information, social media preferences, other social media information, and any other information that is not considered personal or connected to you specifically.
They collect this information when you use their website or other online services, provide it via survey forms, credit card or bank applications, contest entries, and when you login to your account for online banking or mobile application access.
If you access Capital One via social media, they may collect your likes, interests, feedback, and preferences. Any comments you post on their social media page, including posts that have pictures, suggestions, opinions, complaints or personal information are considered for public consumption
Personal data usage
Capital One uses data to:
- Enable you to apply for or open a Capital One product or service.
- Enable you to use online tools or perform online transactions.
- Contact you about your accounts.
- Respond or update you about any inquiries you make.
- Service and manage your accounts.
- Offer you special products, promotions, and services.
- Display advertisements.
- Verify your identity or location.
- Prevent fraud and illegal activities.
- Provide data analysis on how you use their products and services.
- Improve your experiences with their website.
- Share with third-parties that they partner with.
Cookies and similar tech
Capital One account
A Capital One account allows you to apply for a credit card and access your account, set up a banking account, receive a loan, and more. They do not approve their services for children under 13 years old.
Data shared with Capital One
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy by:
- Disabling location services on your mobile device.
- Disabling cookies in your browser.
- Limiting their sharing with third-parties by calling them at 1-888-817-2970 or contacting them online.
- Opting out of email advertising from them.
- Opting out of interest based advertising.
- Adding yourself to the Do Not Call list.
- Signing into your account, selecting “I Want To…” and following the directions to close your account.
How to contact Capital One about your privacy
You can contact Capital One via phone at 1-877-383-4802.