PlentyofFish is a dating website and app that you can use to find your future significant other.
Personal data collected
You can choose some of the personal information you share with PlentyofFish, such as your login credentials, gender, date of birth, personality, lifestyle, interests, photos, videos, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, payment information, billing address, information from your communications with customer service, contents of any chats, and the content you publish. If you decide to login with your Facebook or other social media account, PlentyofFish will collect your social media information.
They collect certain information from you automatically when you use their services, such as your activity on their services, date and time logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks, and pages you have seen, referring URLs, advertising you’ve clicked on, users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, and number of messages you send and receive.
Other information collected includes your device information, such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs, browser type, version, and language, operating system, time zones, IMEI or UDID information, MAC address, service provider, signal strength, latitude and longitude, GPS, location information, and Bluetooth and WiFi connections.
Personal data usage
PlentyofFish uses data to:
- Allow you to create and manage your account.
- Provide you with customer service and support.
- Respond to your requests.
- Complete your transactions.
- Communicate with you about their services, your orders, and billing information.
- Analyze your profile to connect you with like minded people.
- Link all the devices you use to access their website or app.
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts, and other offers.
- Tailor advertisements to your interests.
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media, or mobile device to send you information about products or services they think would interest you.
- Administer focus groups and surveys.
- Conduct research and analysis on how their products and services are used.
- Develop new features and services.
- Prevent fraud and other illegal activities.
- Comply with legal requirements.
Cookies and similar tech
With a PlentyofFish account, you can meet new people and get to know one another through chat. Eventually you can meet up in person if you are comfortable to do so. Their services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. Contact them if you know of someone under 18 using their services.
Data shared with PlentyofFish
How to protect your privacy
You can protect your privacy on PlentyofFish by:
- Disabling cookies.
- Deleting information you have provided to them.
- Disabling PlentyofFish’s access to your device.
- Uninstalling the app.
- Deleting your account.
How to contact PlentyofFish about your privacy
You can contact them via email or postal address at:
Outside the EEA:
Plentyoffish Media ULC
142-757 West Hastings. PMB 670,
Vancouver, V6C 1A1
In the EEA:
MTCH Technology Services Limited
5 Harcourt Road
Dublin 2, D02 FW64